Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The CCS Campout

The campout was full of fun and games, but also things we didn't want to do. The fun things were playing soccer with kip, playing capture to flag and scraping my legs up so bad i couldn't tell i was wearing shorts and then putting germex on them. But there was also bad like when we first got there we set up our tents and rolled out are sleeping bags. And after setting up our tents we all went on a LONG wald around the lake. But i guess it was worth having to do the bad things to be able to do the fun things.

8 comments:

  1. I wonder if next year if they will be even more strict... This year for me wasn't too bad. I got to hang out with some people that I probably would never have hung out with if we didn't have anything manditory. My favorite thing was the scavenger hunt and arguing with the judges. What was your favorite thing we had to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Campout was super fun this year! I think my favorite part was sleeping in the Yurt, there are probably other things, but i can't think of them right now. The Yurt was soooo warm and comfy! I didn't want to get out of bed in the morning. I also slept on the air matress that didn't have a hole! Which was very fortunate for me. i prefer to sleep in a Yurt. If you had to choose, would you rather sleep in a tent, or in a Yurt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to your last sentence. You are right, you have to work before you play and for someone like me who sits on the couch all day. Walking is work. I wouldn't have minded if we could have ran but we couldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm surprised that you didn't like the camp-out. I agree that setting out the tent isn't the highlight, but I had a lot of fun. The walk around the lake was good for a lot of people, and it was not that long or hard. I thought that this year’s camp-out was very fun because of the mandatory games. Because we had to do all the activities, it made sure that everyone got fresh air and that we had enough people to play all the games. Although we didn’t get around to all of the games, I had a blast doing the games we did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm surprised that you (Seth) didn't have fun on the walk! I didn't think it was too bad! We talked to Mrs. Leja Meyer the entire way and the next day my legs were very cramped up! It was totally worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The part of the camp out that I liked the best has to be the capture the flag, I really like using the cammo to stop people. This year, for some reason they cut down a ton of the trees. That was the part I didn't like.

    ReplyDelete