Behind the Waves
By: Nate McCarley
“And its time for behind the waves, air waves that is. I’m Fernando”
“And I’m Glen Wallace Jr.” As glen cuts in. “I think it’s about time for our first song of the night. Brittney spears one hit single, “oops I did it again.” the music starts “oops I did it again.” Fernando, off the air known as Caleb Latella starts doing the worm or his impersonation of the worm. He got off to a good start but by the end of the song it was more like the dead fish. While Caleb was doing the “dead fish,” Glen Wallace Jr. also known as Nate McCarley was doing the sprinkler, but if someone saw him they might think he was a little mentally challenged. The producer’s new assistant asks the producer
“Do they do this every song” as he stared blankly at glen and Fernando through the studios soundproof glass.
“No they switch up there dance moves sometimes,” the producer answered seeming annoyed. The song ended and glen Wallace Jr. and Fernando stop dancing.
“Man that’s a great song!” Glen Wallace Jr. say’s over the air in exhaustion
“You said it!” screams Fernando “well let’s play another great song this one by Michel Jackson its called thriller.” They start dancing and Fernando does the moon walk of course he’s not looking where he’s going and crashes into the book case with all there music on it weighing over 2,000,000 pounds it falls right on top of him. They always have the ambulance on stand by during there show so he gets rushed to the hospital almost instantly. They did everything in there power to save him but Fernando didn’t make it glen. Wallace Jr. was devastated but the producer wasn’t he all ways said that Fernando’s dancing would be his demise and it turns out he’s right.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'd like to know where you find ideas for these very interesting stories. This is very creative and entertaining! Somehow I can imagine you and Caleb really doing this. Are you sure you can't fortell the future? This also brings up the question, what do radio commentators do in the studio? Is this natural? I know for sure I would be dancing and singing back there, but is that safe? As we have seen it could end up in death if your book case ways 2,000,000 pounds.
ReplyDeleteThis is a really funny story, very creative writing. Good job.
ReplyDeleteThis story is really funny! I liked your use of characterization. You did a really good job of fitting you and Caleb into your very own stereo type. How many CDs did they have on that bookcase, anyway? Every song ever written apparently. Mo #33 had a great question. What do those radio commentators do? It would be very interesting to investigate....
ReplyDeleteEven though I'm the one who died this is still extremely hilarious! Nate you are a very creative person I could never think of something like this. I can actually imagine this happening someday. Maybe someday we'll have our own TV series. That would be really fun. I wonder if it would be as funny if you died, what do you think? I Don't think it would be.
ReplyDeleteI love this, this is a really funny story. I like how you described things. also how you made everything work.
ReplyDelete